Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Felt Used & Abused & I Blew A Fuse...

My trading session today was short and fraught with emotion. I did one quick sell of CENX, which I vowed not to sell below my target price of $14-16. But when life happens, you've got to take action and life happened today. I even nearly sold my beloved Harry Winston, but decided not to do it just yet.

I had a career emergency and decided to step on the brakes with CENX at $12.98 for only at 26.63% gain on a position that was nothing to begin with just so that I can have some flexibility with my cash if necessary. I am at a crossroads and not sure what to do. It's one of those... do I stay or do I go situations and this time, only one thing matters: moola and lots of it in the strongest, most desirable, alpha currency I know of.

I've tried the pour your heart and soul into your work and be a team player but get no respect, no appreciation, and no moola route and now I'm going to try something new. As my cousin likes to say, If you want something you’ve never had, you must do something you’ve never done.

Anyway, this may be my final post if I have to quote unquote move on.

I wish I had a better report card, but have only got:

-0.36% on the SBA
-0.01% on the Roth IRA

I really wish I could have waited until 26 October 2010 for the earnings announcement. And given the news on China's buoyant economy, I might have missed out on a potentially good leg higher with CENX. But risk aversion can suddenly hit from out of the blue.

No comments: