Friday, October 22, 2010

Well, I'm Still Here...


I had a discussion with my boss today after I sent him a resignation letter by email. I know that wasn't the best approach and definitely worse than breaking up with someone by text messaging - or on Facebook. But I was definitely very angry. So, we had a meeting today and as we both did not see eye to eye on my salary, we decided to go our separate ways. Then, like a movie scene, my boss' son decided to enter the discussion. I was offered a big salary increase, but I do not know if it's big enough. The main thing is I love my job and was offered the opportunity to devote part of my time to a high growth market. In terms of career development, that's very compelling. In terms of appreciation, I think the salary increase is a step in the right direction.

In terms of trading ego? You know I've got a big one. And the question now is... is my salary bigger than my trading ego yet? I have a salary in mind and I will defend the logic behind it with another one of my presentations.

I have the weekend to decide and honestly, if I don't stay in Belgium, I don't know where I'll go. Will I move to London or is that still a few years away?

It takes a woman with a lot of pluck to quit her job in the middle of the worst crisis our generation has known. My boss obviously appreciated me since he did not accept my resignation on the spot and his son decided to spend a very long time in a discussion with me. This year was definitely a test of character for me. In some instances, I've failed. In other instances, I discovered who I am as an international woman of mystery.

I won't be doing anything too experimental with my trading until I decide what to do. But to my embarrassment, it seems everyone somehow found out about the incident in the meantime.

+1.21% on the SBA
+0.14% on the Roth IRA

Have a good weekend, HSFTs! And thanks for taking this journey with me. I'm dying for the day I can ride your trend again...



No comments: