Friday, October 15, 2010

The British Are Coming!


I really hate the GOLs! They zoomed past 1.60 and didn't let me in on any of the fun. Or rather, I chose not to get involved with them anymore. But now, I'm thinking... maybe I should consider getting part of my salary in GBP?

My Crown Prince has once again turned into a frog and CENX was no better. In Extended Hours Trading, an idiot is trying to sell 17,000 shares of CENX whilst I'm trying to implement my crazy price strategy.

My report card is so bad and I'm definitely not the type to sleep with my professor to get any sort of a boost.

-2.00% on the SBA
-0.52% on the Roth IRA


I'm going for some extra credit this weekend and will do some more research in preparation for the ultimate holiday trade. I'm going to spend some time looking through every chart I can get my hands on. When we do our homework, we do it properly!

This week, LVMH's third quarter sales increased by 14% and BAC took some steps to limit foreclosures, surprisingly seen as a negative to the economy. Well, the last thing we need now is for home values to go down. Interestingly, when I was in HK, I kept hearing about a law that was put into effect that enabled anyone who invested 6.5 million HKD to become a permanent HK resident. This caused property prices to basically skyrocket off of the Lehman lows and no one needs to wonder where the demand actually came from. Yes... China!

I wouldn't want to live next to some Mainland Chinese, but since Canada hasn't been as adversely affected as the rest of the world, wouldn't it make sense to encourage Canadian investment in the US?

Or is that unpatriotic?

No comments: