Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Haven't Had Forex In A While...


So I thought... maybe tomorrow should be the night. It's expected to be one of the most volatile trading days, so I might do a MAT tomorrow.

AA's profits beat expectations - exciting! I nearly forgot about that, so I'm thinking this could boost prices for CENX indirectly tomorrow since it could boost expectations on the entire sector. I am now considering putting in a crazy extended hours trade for a ridiculous price on CENX. Ridiculous as in ridiculously high, of course!

Nothing got me more excited today than putting in a request for a salary increase. My boss told me he can only consider it in a couple of weeks' time. Without even hearing how much I wanted to increase my salary, he refused my request already. But I went in and showed him I did my own homework. Not only did I have measurable statistics on my value addition to the company, I also had a clear-cut, compelling strategy for next year's marketing campaign.

The funniest part is that I used a USD/EUR 10-year chart in my presentation and labelled it with the title: 9-Year Trend of My Salary. Then, I told him that my salary was inversely correlated with my value contribution to the company.

I even have some strategies for any potential refusal, although I think I will have my request honoured on some level. I already have three new ideas that could have an almost immediate and incremental payoff to the company. It feels good because I proved to myself that I can put my emotions aside and be a true professional. I realised I really do have an innate understanding of my industry and that's a definite confidence-booster. I hope this will be my biggest payoff yet. I'm already researching Swiss bank accounts. LOL.

Report Card for today:

+2.1% on the SBA
-0.21% on the Roth IRA


No comments: