Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Market Abuse: The Spin-off or the Sequel?


Today, my portfolio was more ridiculous than Michael Douglas' gold-diggin' ex-wife. So, I've gotta ask: is this market abuse the spin-off or the sequel?

-5.55% on the SBA
-5.36% on the Roth IRA

This is the worst trading day in the history of ForexDiva... oh wait, that was 16 August 2007, the day I shall remember for the rest of my trading life. Yes, the day I QU got liquidated and lost a good five figures in one shot. It's still very painful and I've been putting off something that I should have done long ago - that is, go back to that USD/JPY chart and figure out what the pluck I did wrong other than implementing some VBMM (Very Bad Money Management).

BCS is burning me and it was the biggest loser of the day for me. -7.01%... if that doesn't scare off everyone who's not serious about a long term monogamous one-on-one trendship with benefits with BCS, I don't know what will. This was a move that sold off on above-average volume and it leaves me wondering... is this a Lipstick on A Frog Moment? Don't dis it before you kiss it, right? Now that I've kissed it, I'm not sure if it's a frog yet and I'm not entirely sure the kiss was half bad. So, I think I'll wait to see if BCS will call again at the $18 level.

Speaking of which... don't ever do what I did and go from looking at a 15 minute chart to a Daily to a Weekly. That's like... a guy hasn't called in 15 minutes... which becomes a day... and then a week. LOL. Duh, the price isn't going to happen again!

Don't let the above-average volume scare you off either. Not every stock does that on the same trading day and one needs to also assess the bid / ask sizes. So far, I was pushed into almost selling C. I then decided... no... 16 July is just a few weeks away and we've been selling off since April. This is pent-up market saturation and sooner or later, we're going to have to relieve some of that pressure, won't we?

The only beam of light in my trading day was a QU lucky break with a long GBP/JPY position that happened at exactly the right time at exactly the right prices. It didn't have to be that way, though. Last night, I set three buy orders on my tiny, bike-sized forex trading account. All three orders were at relatively ridiculous prices.

I set a buy on GBP/JPY at 139.39 as well as a buy on GBP/USD at 1.45 and finally a top secret SD support level on EUR/CHF, which shall not be disclosed for fear of being arbitraged / mocked / ridiculed.

Anyway, I finally got some trading plaisir - getting filled at 139.39 and getting filled again at 133.873. During my Lunchtime Fun session, I was delighted to see that after several days of being unable to get a trade on, I was finally in one and it had already moved in my favour by about 40 pips. I nearly took profit straight away, but then decided to brush the pips a bit more and set my limit to 134.10. After some time, I decided... you know, I better check in with my forex broker and see how this trade is going because something doesn't feel right - which is when I got out of the trade at +54.39 pips.

Laugh all you want at my small pips, but if I didn't bank it and thank it, I would be spewing venom all across the forex world right now - and the equities market and the bond market for good measure.

According to me, a really big move has to happen in the forex market for this sell-off to be justified as a real one. There wasn't enough volume on the push down. So, I'm going to wait and see. The damage has been done anyway. How much worse could it get than over -5% on a single day?

Having said that, I'm going to keep my EUR/CHF buy at this ridiculously low level.

I'm not going to have any sort of currency bias this time since forex trading could be my only trading plaisir for some time to come if my portfolio continues to be naughty.

I discovered the existence of Cristiano Ronaldo yesterday and was all... if PCP doesn't work out, there'll be CR. What? I can't possibly ever pull off the whole photo with python thing anyway, which is what seems to be PCP's thing.

Am I still being indiscreet?


No comments: