Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bernanke: Dicey, Icy, Not So Spicy


I attempted to trade FOMC today with my MAT strategy, but it failed to please as the spicy retracements I was hoping for did not occur. Speaking of MATs, I was surprised / intrigued / amused that Yahoo had the audacity to run an online banner campaign with the phrase MAT as a headline. I am serious. Their ad on AdAge.com reads: A MAT you can tell the client about. Check it out if your trading day was as bad as mine. LOL.

Anyway, I'm definitely not on top of the market lately and I practically forgot about FOMC if I didn't receive Brian Dolan's pre-FOMC commentary. I was at one point so gung-ho about news events that I would have placed all top-tier news events in my Outlook if it wasn't so much work. The first forex broker to invent an Outlook news event application will definitely be too cool for words. I hope it'll be my BFF forex broker.

Let's see how the rest of the world reacts to Bernanke's commentary tomorrow. The GOLs are finally starting to get their act together. I'm going to have to look into getting some of their price action very soon.

Today:

-0.43% on the SBA
-0.74% on the Roth IRA

Keep your eyes on MS... it could get to $23 or $24 very soon and if it does, I might buy. I'm still a bit undecided since I haven't been paying attention to MS' client torture legal battle... Has that been settled yet? Granted, the impact on MS' QU brand value will not be as drastic as the Gold-diggin' Scandal. Still... though it makes sense from an analytic standpoint, I'm not sure I could get into some more MS at this time.


BCS, meanwhile, has got woes of its own with the UK regulatory backdrop, but the gold-diggin' part of me would rather be with BCS, the Sultan of Liquidity right now. They wouldn't have to resort to pawning anything in the short term in case anything major happens. Not that MS would either...

I'm clearly confused, so I'm going to do what I do best and hide behind a coral reef until I can get my thoughts and trading legs straightened out.



No comments: