Friday, June 18, 2010

A Harvest Every Week


It was an otherwise unremarkable day for my portfolio. Except for Harry Winston, who moved -1.7% back, not much definitive happened.

-0.18% on the SBA
+0.57% on the Roth IRA

BCS had a bit of a move up. I am now +11.41% on a part of the position and +5.82% on the full position. Is this a move that would warrant two gold-diggin' stars? I apparently did something right by selling MS for BCS.

C is moving back up as well - most likely due to Jim Cramer's recommendation / product endorsement.

My colleague had some intriguing insight today, stating that "we're aiming for perfection, but our tools are still largely primitive." That actually is quite true as far as my trading is concerned. But it got me thinking... so long as we get the basics right, all will fall into place.

The chemistry of the trade has got to be there from the start, or the big organic growth that's promised by the risk:reward factor may never fully materialise.

Just a few more months until my PDO is done, so I'll be strategising on how I can make use of the capital injections I'll be receiving every month. I think I shall be more frugal this time around, but it's quite evident I am prone to changing my mind every few days now isn't it? Whatever happened to the bull + bear portfolio I was contemplating the other day that was supposed to stimulate my economy?

At one point, I also thought it would be a good idea to set aside some cash and only trade one stock - all in, all out. My goal now is to move faster and faster with the banking. First, we need to get the accuracy up and then we've got to get the efficiency going and the cash flowing.

Surprisingly, I've been able to get about one harvest every week from my lettuce. The rest of the subsistence farm is still very much in the product development phase. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the carrots! But in case anyone didn't know, lettuce is the pluck and come again type.

I should really like to do that with my trading. Wouldn't you?

Happy weekend, HSFTs!



No comments: