Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mine Your Own Business


Yesterday, I had a minor portfolio increase:

+0.75% on the SBA
+0.95% on the Roth IRA


Bernanke reached out and touched my portfolio in a substantial way today.

+2.78% on the SBA
+1.07% on the Roth IRA


I don't know if this is going to be a quarter step forward, three steps back. According to me, Bernanke was a crowd pleaser.

On the forex front, I was still not able to get into position with the GOL. I'm wondering if I should quit the false discipline and just make a jump for it already. I'm definitely not doing any pips any justice by playing hard to get at the 1.438 area. At this point, is it better if I say, I don't mind being in second place as long as I'm in the race? That's what gets us into mistress territory. We are good old-fashioned Catholic women and we'll keep our modesty, thank you very much. I should have said that about a month ago before the whole HP Incident.

Oooh, ouch! Speaking of mistresses... Whatever happened to ABK, the very axis of evil? ABK was -39.62% today. Bandaids, please... Bankruptcy fears? Are you kidding me? Good thing I got out of both ABK bonds and shares back in the day.

For the more alpha types, I'd say to Mine Your Own Business and look into some miners, including BHP, RTP, MT, X, and AA. What a good time to do a pickup line on these very appealing and oversold financial angels that always have the bargaining power to their advantage? Do your own homework though.

I'm still waiting for BCS to turn around once GBP/USD starts skyrocketing. If only I had been more Catholic with BCS.

Get your glasses out... tomorrow's BOE & ECB!

And mine may already be off...


No comments: