Monday, June 28, 2010

BCS vs BARC


Today's session was nothing to moan about and I'm going to have to be a bit more discreet here. Who knows who's reading my blog? Not that I have much of a reputation to defend. Here I am thinking this is more my personal trading sanctuary where I can occasionally oooh and aah over the market excitement that is trading.

Anyway, I just don't get the price action on BCS vs. BARC. BARC moved up +1.48%... not that big of a deal, but GBP/USD also rallied following the G20 event. I hate the GOL forever! How can they move their treasure trunk like that and leave me out of the ride up? Bah humbug!

Anyway again... in theory, shouldn't BCS move up along with the push up on BARC and GBP/USD? Based on today's GBP/USD rate, and if I did the calculations correctly, BCS is only worth 258.59 pence whilst BARC closed at 285.35 pence. What's up with the discrepancy?

I did some more calculations and if BARC hits the 52WH of 394.25 pence and we get to a GBP/USD rate of 1.55, this would in theory place BCS at $25.43.... I would then be making 45.73% on this trade. If GBP/USD gets to 1.70, BCS gets priced at $23.19 and I would then be making 32.89% on this trade. So, I got my trading philosophy on backwards? I thought BCS would go up if GBP/USD goes up... I'm hoping BCS will hit the 52WH either way, which would put me at +47.16%. Yahoo!

OK, if I did something bimbo with the calculations, you're welcome to tell me off.

Like I said, there was nothing to sigh about today:

+0.30% on the SBA
+0.59% on the Roth IRA

I've been pondering the meaning of trading some more... Why are Moving Averages on eSignal limited to 3 figures? I'm dying to turn on the stove and try out some 4 figure Moving Averages! Crazy, I know... Just like me, I reckon!



No comments: