Friday, June 25, 2010

High Beta Sighs: Rally Totally Up My Alley


So this is why a high beta portfolio is so fun. Portfolio recovery is much more intense, although the emotional volatility clearly isn't for everyone. I was truly getting so tired of this game at one point. But finally, rays of sunshine have broken through and the Fair Weather may be just around the corner once again. Today's market action indicated that I'm not desperate! I'm not pathetic! And I'm going to get my portfolio recovery on - no matter how long it takes, although I prefer it to be quicker and much, much more vertical.

Unless you had stuff like FNVRF or RNWEF or PHHM in your portfolio, you most likely had a good trading day - or at least one that wasn't as bad as the previous few weeks.

With July earnings just around the bend, this final buying opportunity could turn out to be a Godsend. Final buying opportunity as in final before the next skinny dip. What else is there left to scare everyone and their Mama Bears out? Who knows? I'm the rose-coloured one. If this is the beginning of another bull run as I imagine it to be, then this rally's going to be totally up my alley.

Looks like MS had a good day too, after hitting $24.19 yesterday. So close! I had a feeling it'd get to $23-$24, but had more been hoping it'd get to $23. Then the lawsuit settlement kind of got in the way, didn't it? Let's see if I can wait for a retracement... Otherwise, I'm still into BCS even though it's clearly not showing my portfolio any love.

Oil rallied along with the financial sector. Commodities and retail are also looking solid. Things are lining up! Is this the market turn or am I still in danger of getting burned?

I don't much care! I'm going to avoid gloating, but I am very much pleased and relatively appeased:

+2.89% on the SBA
+1.64% on the Roth IRA

In case anyone's wondering how I can be happy with such a small percentage climb, it's because I've finally been enlightened once and for all. It's better to be banking small percentage gains every day consistently than trying to ride the biggest waves. We need to be participating in the market and taking advantage of the price action.

That's some financial reform for moi... I haven't sold anything yet, but I'm keeping my eye on the ball.

But oh, Professor GOL... they may be ready to stimulate my economy some more next week - or at least give me some unforgettable glasses-off trading!

I may not be the most beautiful woman in the world, but they shall treat me with respect and allow me to touch their smokin' pips on the 15 minute intervals. And I reckon I shall enjoy that very much...


No comments: