Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quality + Quantity = Oh...


It's my blog and I'll sigh if I want to... especially since it's a very organic moment for my portfolio...

Finally! After weeks of unrelentless selling, it appears the optimism is starting to rise to the occasion again. Who else rose to the occasion but the GOL, breaking above 1.48?

But you've actually got to be in the car to be anywhere near their treasure trunk and I was just too far away - always trying to buy at 1.43 instead of recognising that this is now about squeezing the BHTEL dollar bulls above all else. Tomorrow, I am going to try another strategy... to think, if I hadn't banked those 60 pips right then and there. Why don't I ever learn to move my stops? God forbid I get anywhere near a really irresistible man with dark-rimmed glasses. Actually, I have and I was able to... never mind... It's very possible he did not find me irresistible enough to... never mind...

Still, my portfolio is appearing very irresistible:

+2.29% on the SBA
+2.99% on the Roth IRA

BCS is finally starting to hit the erogenous levels again and that position gave me +5.19% of trading plaisir on today's rally alone.

Harry is another noteworthy mention, recently breaking above the $1 billion market cap. I had been waiting for that forever. Keep it up, Harry!

Quality is inevitably good, but quality + quantity is even better where equities are concerned. With forex, I think my major issue was not realising that banking is the only real source of trading plaisir. Even though everyone wants to catch the 1000+ pip moves, the forex market moves so fast that riding moves both ways could be even more fun than just staying in that one hot spot. Isn't it true? All I say here is true to the best of my knowledge even though some people obviously want me to STFU (like that Chinese guy who commented on the below post, which is why I don't do suffocating, strict, prohibitive Chinese guys to begin with even though I might have been equally suffocating, strict, prohibitive in that moment). This is my blog, the only place I can be politically incorrect, so don't tell me to STFU unless you have something better to add to the conversation.

Anyway, I'll tantalise everyone with some relatively venom-free inspiration:

"Test fast, fail fast, adjust fast." - Tom Peters

This is never more true than with trading...


No comments: