Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Shut Up & Trade, Trade Review Volume 061009

Oh, dear God! Considering that I'm the woman who brought you the Tossed A Pair of Diamond Earrings Down the Drain Incident, it should come as no surprise that I managed to do something really bimbo with this trade - and that is not to get into it.

I guess I could toss you an excuse such as, well the breakout only occurred at 2:30 am my time, which leads me to ponder... am I really that serious about trading? And why am I using my bimbo-ness as an excuse again?

Well, the highest USD/CHF got to was 1.036 - so this is like losing 77 pips for me. Missing out is just as bad as losing.

I did cover my assets by doing the whole double take with my analysis, but I think I'm starting to like that approach. How many times have I not taken a trade because I was set on a bullish or bearish standpoint? Now, I'm emulating my forex broker's fine example and not really being so opinionated on direction, but levels. Speaking of my forex broker, he just started hosting trading webinars on Thursdays. He did a really good job last week - such a smart guy!

Anyway, 77 pips might not seem like a big deal to you, but usually, I get out with 10 pips and under. Yes, I'm running a dime store with my trading. Can't buy Harry Winston, but that's OK. Speaking of Harry Winston, I think I might be in love with him again? +1.14% so far - no wilted flowers there, but not exactly moonlight and candles either. Oh, but he had me at bonjour!

At the very least, the brown paper bag can come off now. I'm going to now test out my new trade setup some more, but all I really want to do is dream about Harry Winston, really.

No comments: