Monday, October 26, 2009

Serious Depression...

I'm seriously depressed. My portfolio's down -2.58% so far. Is the fun over?

Too big to fail jokes aside, my BAC position has been one of my best moves so far. I went from minus four figures to plus three figures with this position. However, after two consecutive retracement days - or was it three - I'm wondering if I should be using my non-conventional, bordering on lunatic strategies - serenading for one and eyelash batting for another.

I'm going to take some more decisive action with C too. Yes, I've decided to nurse this position.

Here's why... when you think about it, there will come a day when BAC and C will start increasing their dividends again. When that happens, my dividend yield on those stocks will improve. If they double their dividend, I've effectively doubled my dividend yield on those stocks. Moreover, there's also going to be considerable share appreciation - hopefully, anyway.

Let's take BAC as an example. Back in the day, BAC's quarterly dividend was about $0.64. Let's suppose BAC's quarterly dividend grows to $0.64 again at some point. At today's prices, that's a future dividend yield of 16.66%! Woohoo!

I've got till early next year to contribute to my Roth IRA. I'll fill it up with as much BAC and C shares as possible...

But first, premeditated debt obliteration...

No comments: