Wednesday, September 7, 2011

General Foe's Chicken


The bears went from sell-ebrate to celibate in a heartbeat today, but I sold CENX and JRCC on a profit-taking binge that I hope I won't come to regret tomorrow. Usually, these are the types of bullish conditions that I love to buy, but profits were on the table and instead of ordering in, I ate what was in the fridge. I've still got some BAC left...

I bought BCS today with the aspiration that the GOLs will rise to prominence for tomorrow's BOE/ECB rate decisions and a string of other UK data through to next week.

Tomorrow's game plan: buy CENX and JRCC back on a retracement before or after Bernanke. If anything's a sure thing, choppiness should be a given and I'm looking to play it.

Right now, what I'm banking on is for there to be more volatility tomorrow. If there isn't, then I might have been better holding onto my shares today. But either way, there's risk - risk getting paper losses or risk missing out on more profits. I pray I did the right thing, but just in case, I'm going to have to spend time tonight thinking of other potential courses of price action.

+1.97% SBA (does not include profit taking, which is now 'off-balance sheet')
+2.17% Roth IRA

+2.47% DJIA
+3.04% Nasdaq
+2.86% S&P



No comments: