Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Doctor, I Need Some VIX...


Trading isn't so fun anymore, HSFTs! But I have a new trading idea. There's an ascending triangle formation on the 5-day VIX chart that appears to have broken higher, which means we can potentially see 43 on VIX, signaling a potential short term bottom on S&P. If 43 happens, I'm going to look for an inversely correlated stock that fits my daily 50% Fib level criterion - preferably within Nasdaq. I'll then sell when VIX hits 30, which is 2-year horizontal support.


-6.12% SBA
-0.84% Roth IRA

-1.61% DJIA
-2.17% Nasdaq
-2.07% S&P


I'm toying with the idea of selling TGB at a loss so that I can consolidate my capital and get into something that has more upside potential. Whilst the loss on TGB is substantial, it is still slightly more palatable than my losses on JRCC or CENX. This is a loss that I can recover more quickly than my losses on JRCC and CENX, which is why I am considering letting go of TGB.

I need to do something quick, but I am so indecisive - and honestly, lacking a bit of confidence.




No comments: