Friday, September 16, 2011

Come In the Confessional Booth With ForexDiva


I confess... I was too greedy and I shouldn't have gotten into two positions on the same day (i.e. JRCC + CENX). I had a chance to sell JRCC earlier, but refused to back down when it got rejected at $10.50 and am now suffering the consequences. It's been 10 days since I've taken profit and boy am I yearning and burning. The more savvy traders are already firmly in the money and I'm left with the crumbs.

The bears dished up some Peanut Butter & Smelly in today's episode of Sell's Kitchen, leaving me feeling so exasperated. I'm stuck right in that area where I can't get enough profits, but can't leave my positions for fear of missing out on some key data announcements next week. That fear of missing out is what's getting me now - and something has to give.

It'll either get really fun or really painful. From the way CENX prices keep breaking and closing higher, it appears we've got enough bulls in our corner. $11.38 is the daily 50% Fib level on CENX and we not only closed above it, but also closed above the key psychological level of $11.50. Will there be more upside next week?

But JRCC leaves me so ticked off it's not even funny. I tried selling yesterday, but E*Trade fed me some excuse about not being able to cancel my current sell order, which prevented me from placing an Extended Hours trade. Either way, I've got to solve this Regulation T conundrum. My Dad suggested that I switch to a margin account whilst only trading on cash. I don't trust myself enough to do that. In case I make one trade too many - and that trade turns out to be a losing one - I'll have a bigger problem than the one I've got now. What do I do?

-1.82% SBA
+0.73% Roth IRA (hoping, praying for the Roth IRA to keep going up)

+0.66% DJIA
+0.58% Nasdaq
+0.57% S&P

I'm going to test out a new theory... if I've been in a position for 10 days, I'm going to look at the 10-day chart. If I've been in a position for 100 days, I'll look at the 100-day chart.

Right now, what's sure is that my profits are barely there and I can't just stand still like this.

Happy Shiny Weekend... off to HK on Monday - and that truly excites me!


No comments: