Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why Do People Keep Whistling At Me?


Is it because they know how hot my portfolio is? Do they want to find out what my favourite positions are? I've got too many to name. Yesterday, some guy said that I look good from the waist up. I object! I look good from the waist down too. Especially my trading legs, which are always kept appropriately closed at basically all the right times.

But now that the market's always up, I'm lamenting the fact that I didn't buy more during the good old market bottom days. If only I had bought C at $1...

So as long as more people think like that, my cronies and I are going to be fine.

Today, it was an Easy A:

+0.64% on the SBA
+0.06% on the Roth IRA


Bernanke's up tomorrow. I still don't get why he always has to testify, but if I see a setup that looks slightly USD negative, I'm getting in... I'm hoping he'll say something about inflation, but what do I know? If he does say something about inflation, it can only mean he bought a lot of gold. There's a bull flag on the 3-year gold chart and actually, there is a strong enough correlation between gold and the S&P chart on a 3-year timeframe. S&P is lagging gold slightly.

Does it mean that we'll see some more upside on stocks? Treasury yields have been going up, which means that people who have been in gold and Treasury bonds will see more of a reason to get out quite soon. That beautiful trendline support may just have to break, but I've been saying that throughout the crisis and I have been wrong for so long. Is that day going to happen soon, Mr Bernanke?

Other than that, the GOLs might get really hot over the next few days since we've got a few UK news announcements going on. Maybe I should do some trades involving the GBP?

US Unemployment Claims... 10 February 2011

US Trade Balance... 11 February 2011



No comments: