Thursday, February 10, 2011

Early Withdrawal Penalty


I'm wearing one of my Hermes scarves today - one of my latest ones. I had bought one right before I left Belgium, but I then exchanged it for an even better one at one of the Hermes boutiques here in NY. They were so kind to allow me to exchange it. What? I decided I wanted to do something special for myself since I'd been feeling so battered. I'm putting that feeling behind me for good. Luxury makes me feel better - that and forex.

So I'm going to do what makes me feel good. And besides, I can sell any of my Hermes scarves for basically par value at any time. That's better than any of my other investments so far. My Hermes Kelly can go for +32% if I wanted it to. But I'm not ever allowing myself to resort to that level of fashion desperation. If it can go for +100%, I might think about it.

Unfortunately, my portfolio got hit like an early withdrawal penalty today, but ZZ's getting some action, so I'm not going to sell it like a G6 until... well, you know the date.

Moreover, I shall not average into IDGG or EATR, but will take profit at strategic intervals if the opportunities present themselves. If they don't, I won't cry about it anymore because I am a woman with a lot of irons in the fire. And that fire is burning.

Finally, I'm going to study what I was buying this time last year and if any of my levels are still in play, I might look into reusing and recycling some of my trading ideas because my new ones don't seem to be working. But I'm going to continue practicing my momentum playing and one day I'm going to be good at it!

Even though both my portfolios gained over +13% from the Santa Rally through now, I have to compare myself to the rest of the market. According to my BFF, E*Trade, mid-cap stocks were the best performers over the past three months, gaining +11.23%. I did all this work and only got a +2% advantage over the market. That's not good enough. Not to mention stuff like Micron Technology (MU) advanced over +44% over the past three months. Why wasn't I the one to get into something like that?

Without a proper competitive strategy, we can't ever be competitive. So I'm going to figure out what I'm doing to undermine my competitive strategy. If I think within the box, I'll always be in that box. And I want to be in a castle - or a least a mansion!

P.S. I forgot my report card:

-0.76% on the SBA
-1.04% on the Roth IRA



No comments: