Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And Now the Bears Are Using Geopolitics As Their Excuse...


Remember what Margaret Thatcher said... well, my memory's bad so I'm going to paraphrase her really badly. It was something to the effect of... darn it, I'll just Google it.

It was: "I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."

Right! Anyway, the bears have no more excuses based on economic fundamentals because the fundamentals are starting to slowly but surely get there - so now geopolitics are being dragged into the equation and used as the only risk barometer, according to FT.com.

That ADP Non Farm Employment Change figure came out better than expected and if Friday's Non Farm Pay Day is equally promising, then ForexDiva has hit the Trading Jackpot - or let's hope!

A few days ago, I met with my friend Tim and from what I could gather, his strategy now is to buy a break above the 52WH. He is always right, so I'm questioning my strategy of buying the 52WL on speculative stocks. Tim's strategy most definitely would work here and I like how he's fighting the bears head on! It takes courage to do that. I got into ZZ several days ago. Should I have followed in Tim's footsteps? We'll see in a few days. Either way, I'm already positioned for some more trading plaisir. My most recently rebalanced portfolio - the SBA - is still outperforming the market, so I've got to start working on the Roth IRA a little more.

My limits have been set on four of the stocks in my portfolio - ZZ, EATR, IDGG, and GEN. I'm focusing on short term profit taking with the four that I don't yet adore. The rest of my high beta heroes are going with me all the way. All the way where? Hopefully to Financial Cloud 9, where the 1000+ thread count comforters are all fluffy and the spaghetti with white clam sauce is all lovely and everyone's got Hermes, Chanel, and Prada in common.


+0.68% on the SBA
-0.45% on the Roth IRA


I'm probably going to be away tomorrow... I'll miss my Professors of Finance so much, but I reckon no one will be surprised if I suddenly show up to Another Bernanke Soapbox Moment brought to you by the Fear Bears...



No comments: