Thursday, February 17, 2011

One of Six...


Fashion companies are lucky that women don't choose shoes the way that I quit jobs. If every woman decided to stop wearing shoes based on their feelings the way that I leave a company, every shoe company in existence would probably go out of business the next day.

So I went on one of six of my scheduled interviews today. It was on the top of my list as far as the six and counting ones I had were concerned. But after this initial interview with HR, I'm not exactly impressed and I can almost say with certainty that the feeling could have been mutual. I wonder if it's because of my unusual shoes. I could have sworn that I needed to buy the Prada platform shoes that I saw at Bergdorf Goodman the other day, but I decided... if they don't like me because of my shoes, then that's not a company I want to work for. I opted against bringing my Hermes Kelly to the interview though since this guy in my building said my Bulgari one was hot. So, I used the Bulgari instead.

Anyway, after this interview, I'm thinking of dropping the other ones because just today, my friend Tim alerted me to a job that I could just possibly love more than my previous one. I really don't want to get my hopes up though. My sister and brother have been telling me that it could take a year for me to find a job and that I could get fired if I even get hired. Thanks for the support, right? After disowning me, we tried to patch things up. But it really is rather like a bandaid on a broken ankle right now. So, I'm hosting a dinner party this weekend and I'm going to serve everyone prime rib and lobster to see if we can make amends.

But I know why I left my job. If my theory is right, I could have offers from within my sector in as little as two more months due to a key application process that happens in my industry every few years. If my theory is right, I would be interviewing during one of the hugest growth opportunities of the decade. And if my theory is right, then I would have my pick of companies to work for rather than the other way around. Dear HSFTs, I hope I'm not two years too early!

Being closer to my family geographically just puts me back into a frame of mind that I don't want to be in, although my report card is quietly urging me, Don't Give Up, America's Favourite Diva... we're going to be patriotic with cha!

+1.34% on the SBA
+0.75% on the Roth IRA



No comments: