Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Harry Got Us Hot & Showed Us What He’s Got…


We took it out to the parking lot and had a nice +10.75% pop. I’m watching this $12 level – which I mentioned several days back. If we hold this level, then that Andrews Pitchfork uptrend is definitely not just playing pretend.

Harry’s not the only one making Inspect Your Gadgets news though. Of all the stocks I’m watching, today’s biggest movers in my watch list:

ENGT… +83.33% (but only based on volume of 100)

HWD… + 10.75%

HERO… +9.97

MCBI… + 9.97%

PAL… +7.06% (my friend Tim’s hot pick…)

CDOC… -47%

EGTK… -10%


Back to the stocks that are actually in my portfolio. My favourite ones:

C

BCS

HWD

GEN

Some speculative stuff I’m in:

EATR

IDGG

LEHMQ

Ones That Aren’t Really Doing Anything:

BULIF

ZZ – new pick, so may be too soon to tell

The good thing about today’s ISM Manufacturing data is not only that it was well above expectations, but ISM Manufacturing prices also followed. Strong manufacturing with strong price inflation is so hot. The way I now see it, any of my banks could potentially benefit from the positive ISM Manufacturing data. The energy plays I have going on would definitely benefit. And obviously, manufacturers and retailers would definitely benefit.

I’m looking for more data to back up my bullish sentiment. There’s apparently something called ADP Non Farm Employment Change due out tomorrow, which is supposed to be a prelude to this Friday’s Non Farm Pay Day. If that data is positive, then we could get some mind-blowing, toe-curling, neighbour-waking trend on trend.

And most importantly, let’s see if there’s any retail followthrough on 15 February 2011. If we don’t get any data divergence, it could get electrifyingly tantric, just like my report card for the day:

+5.35% on the SBA (OH… I love it when you fill my wallet)

+1.7% on the Roth IRA

Sidebar: the walls in my apartment are like paper thin. I can literally hear my neighbours sneeze. I definitely need to be careful when creating too much noise here – especially when I bolt out my version of I’m A Virgin. But Professor Roubini… doesn’t he look absolutely stunning with his dark-rimmed glasses on the home page of FT.com? I have to say that I’m really liking Professor Cramer’s look though…

No comments: