Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scary, Scary... Oh, Contrary!


Are we in a perilous fight or what? Stock market indices all over the planet are flippin' and floppin' whilst oil is still poppin'. It makes me wish I had stayed in my commodity plays - CENX and HERO. But what's done is done. Time is the only thing we cannot turn back, although trading losses could be easily recovered if we keep on playing the momentum whilst maintaining a positive mindset. I believe in my portfolio recovery, even if no one else does!

I see a few indications that could be strong contrarian signals that make for a bullish trading romance ahead:

1. Japanese Housewives are testing the 10,500 level on Nikkei. Until this level breaks definitively, the bulls still stand a chance.
2. Shanghai has been quietly on the ascent even in spite of China raising interest rates.
3. US farmland prices are going up... this could potentially drive real estate prices and other asset prices in general. An economy is only as valuable as its very foundation - its land. And farmland prices... it doesn't get more primal than that.
4. Finally... key psychological levels on many stocks are holding, such as:

a. $14 level on BAC
b. $4.50 level on C
c. $20.50 on BCS
d. $45 on JPM
e. $16 on AA

Let's see if we can hold on the S&P, DJIA, and Nasdaq. Maybe it won't be so clean cut, but if the majority of levels hold, then that's good enough for me.

Some more potentially good news for ForexDiva's portfolio:

Lehman's trustee expects windfall... in ten days we'll know! Oh...

Gosh, they're playing some sexy 1,001 Arabian Nights / Sultan-like music here in the library, but still doesn't change the performance of my portfolio:

-1.04% on the SBA
-1.04% on the Roth IRA

How weird is that?

Up next: Genon Energy (GEN) earnings announcement on 1 March 2011. I've been in this since 22 December 2010. Since Carl Icahn's Dynergy (DYN) deal is apparently being rescinded (or am I old news?) why doesn't he look at GEN and play a major but vital role in stimulating my economy? But John Paulson's already down with GEN, so two billionaires would be a crowd, no? The more the merrier in trading, I say...

GEN's balance sheet is much better than DYN's balance sheet according to my diva standards. DYN is heavily in debt and has no net income available to common shareholders whilst GEN is not only trading far below book, but also has healthy net income available to common shareholders. Thank you, Mr. Paulson!


No comments: