Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm An Idiot!


At least my portfolio's making me feel like an idiot...

My Sultan's got new clothes too. Apparently, BCS is not the only alpha bank in the world. I opened my eyes and looked at DB and this is a balance sheet that looks very much like love at first sight. $1.70 trillion in cash! That's $2,746.42 in cash per share. That's more than Brazil's GDP. That's... oooh la la...

My portfolio did not close the day with such fervour:

-2.46% on the SBA
-1.20% on the Roth IRA


Thankfully, my SBA is only a vestige of its former self in terms of value since I took out some moola after my recent portfolio rebalancing when I got grilled by C. This means that both the upside and the downside is much less than previous moves. However, this shall change once I get my hands on some more cash. There's also a nudging feeling that maybe I should bank something, but there's nothing that I can really half-in half-out with.

There's been so much selling this year that there's almost an inclination for the market to go up, but I've got an upside bias in almost any market.

CENX hit $12.33 today and nearly touched the $12.35 level I have been dreaming about. So close... yet so tantalisingly far away.


No comments: