Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Got Arbitraged...

... LOL. Whoa, that intriguing balance sheet of SCHW did not get overlooked in today's market rally. +6.11% in one day on a low beta stock - not an everyday occurrence by any stretch of the imagination. But I wasn't in the trade, so I'm going to remain aloof and instead look at what occurred in my portfolio.

And though the rally included me, my portfolio only followed the movement of the market at best. Sovereigns don't like average performance, so my portfolio increases, though nothing to be ashamed about, are nothing to be excited about either.

Interestingly, Burger King, aka BKC, (terrible pun intended) increased +14.65% today on a buyout report. Most people are content with annual gains like this, but I'm on a quest to be one of the best. I'm feeling a tiny bit more upbeat now and will continue to aim for high single digit and occasionally double digit daily gains. Repeat: daily gains.

At times, I might have a bad run like I just had for, oh the past three to four months, but we've got to keep running, batting, and confessing our trading wins and sins, haven't we?

+2.56% on the SBA
+2.98% on the Roth IRA

It was about time, wasn't it?

As they say, every cat has their day.

No comments: