Monday, September 27, 2010

Confessional Booth Time: Volume 270910


I've been feeling a lot more confident after getting back from my trip to HK. Usually, the city does that to me - except for when Lehman happened. In a city like HK, where shopaholism rules, it sometimes feels like one can do everything with just a tiny bit of moola. It seems everyone either has a Gucci or a Louis Vuitton bag. So, my Hermes Kelly + Twilly ruled the day - naturally, being the Sovereign In Debt and all.

Maybe I got too confident... because now I'm feeling a bit like I can't do wrong. Maybe I totally made the wrong call with my gold-diggin' analysis the other day. Especially after I read this interesting commentary from Boris Schlossberg. Then, I read on FT that Central Banks everywhere are buying gold. Doubts started sinking in.

So, I'm going to carefully step back and not doing anything about gold just yet, though I'm really almost dying to sell it. Just like I was dying to get some Chopard eyewear in HK, but decided to shop around instead. But that hurt so much. I literally felt a pang in my heart (for a whole week) when I couldn't bring home those beautifully crafted, oh-so-rare, take-off-my-glasses-now Sexy Librarian glasses. I decided the 1000 Euros I had to pay in HK was definitely worth the wait. LOL.

Of course, it seems I'd forgotten that in order to be a Sexy Librarian, one actually has to be smart. No matter! I already want these glasses too much, so it's only a matter of when. And if they happen to make me look smarter without actually boosting my IQ, that's fine too. Fashion counts. LOL.

My CENX (a meagre +0.32% today, but set a new 3-month high) will bring me one step closer, though the rest of my portfolio doesn't seem to agree...

-0.58% on the SBA
-0.79% on the Roth IRA

I'm going to watch CENX closely now. If commodities start flatlining across the board, then I might have to tell CENX au revoir mon ami, shut it and cut it.



No comments: