Thursday, September 23, 2010

Gold-diggin' Professors, I Did My Own Homework...



... and probably yours too. LOL.


I'm an Awful, Bigoted Woman and I've got a bias that a gold bubble is bound to form - even if I'm the only woman on earth to think so. It's only a question of when. I started pondering what would signify that the bubble's about to burst and a few indications probably have to occur before this happens:


1. P/S or P/B or both on the majority of gold miners would have to really go postal, especially junior miners
2. the prices on a long term gold chart would have to coincide with a 5th wave formation
3. there would have to be indications of gold miners overproducing



The big question here is what is considered an overvalued P/S or P/B in a market that's clearly got a lot of momentum. Already, we see P/S values on some stocks above the psychologically important 10 level. Is a P/S of 15 enough to crash the cart or do we have to see 20? Note that GOLD's P/S is already trading above 18.

Here's my homework, Professor... don't give me detention!



No comments: