Friday, August 13, 2010

The Woman Formerly Known As My Sister




I took about two hours looking at charts today because I was just in such a state of shock after receiving some news from my sister that she was officially "disowning" me after our Jerry Springer incident. I suppose I'm more hurt than angry even though technically, I should really be the one doing the disowning. I'll get to the charts later, but you can skip all my JNSB, which is more for me to vent than anything.





My sister technically "borrowed" five figures from me to buy a house back in 2007. I had told my family not to do so back in July 2006. I distinctly remember telling them to wait until housing prices started heading downwards. Instead, I was greeted with a whole slew of name-calling... cruel, heartless, bitch, frog in a well. The typical Chinese guilt trip type of treatment. I gave in with a lot of resentment and I remember begging my Dad not to disown me. I was kneeling down on the floor when he told me he didn't even want to see me at his funeral. So, I had no choice but to give in and I don't even legally own the house.





Every few years, I'd get a request for five figures here and five figures there. Finally, on my recent visit, they requested that I help out with six figures for my brother's college tuition. I suggested scholarships and possibly finding out if it's possible to bypass some classes to get his degree - maybe even doing some stuff in the meantime to boost his income. I admit my delivery was way off. I'd been very defensive and resentful, but the name-calling from them got even uglier. I basically got psycho-analysed for free and I was diagnosed with being schizophrenic and delusional, ignorant, cruel, heartless, selfish, etc. Yes, I'm moodier than Moody's but hearing from your family that they think you're schizophrenic? Now, that's love!





I also was told that it's normal for me to have been belittled by my Dad in the way that I was treated all through my life. No, it's not normal and it was never normal nor will it ever be normal according to me.





According to their view of my life, I’m going to die husbandless, children-less, family-less and friendless. I can’t say that I don’t secretly harbour the same view and I probably wouldn't mind too much about the children-less part either. All my life, I’ve heard what a terrible person I am from my family and everyone else around me seemed to think I was the sweetest girl in the world. I was always Teacher’s Pet. But to my family, I was nothing. I told myself, I’ve got to stand up for my financial future because the economy is uncertain and this might be all I’ll ever get.





So my options were:

A. Pay them six figures so that I can be considered a “good sister” while sacrificing my own financial future and all the while getting the abuse that is customary from them

B. Getting disowned and keeping my six figures





I don't know if I can respect myself either way, really. I definitely can't respect myself by choosing A, but now getting hit with option B seems a bit too out-of-the-blue, although I was adamant about keeping my six figures - just without the disowning part. Have I become like the prisoner who's been set free and yet doesn't know what to do with her freedom?





I was in a family that never thought of me as family. If they thought of me as family, would they have ever called me all those names? To me, a family doesn’t do that. Did they ever think how selfish they are by asking me to give up another six figures for them? Then, they’ll come back to me and ask WTF I haven’t been able to save any money all these years even though according to them, I make a lot of money. Did they ever think they played a part in burning through it? Yes, I was making a lot of money that enabled five people to survive all these years. Did I even get a thank you? At least from Citibank, you get some Thank You points. From your family, you get an eff you. That’s what you get.





Anyway, after some crying, we're onto the effing charts! I've had it with the market too and it seems to be on its way to disowning me.





+1.39% on the SBA
-0.27% on the Roth IRA





I've been looking at all the major markets - S&P, Eurofirst, FTSE, Nikkei, Shanghai... and I was like... OK, I've got to stop and just look at our perennial favourites - gold and oil.





There's a very nice horizontal support line on oil at around the $70 level and on gold? Bwahaha... I'm getting ready for doing the Trade of the Century on gold. Get out your Elliott Wave Flags, people and start waving...





I did my own homework, but a Fellow HSFTs heads up to you... hint: look on the really, really long term charts!





Here's the one-year oil chart from FT.com:















That is pure beauty, isn't it? I'm not sure I have any inkling where oil would go, but I'm just going to keep an eye out for whether oil can hold at $70. And if it does, then we'll see you back on the way up, our dearly beloved Bears...



No comments: