Thursday, August 19, 2010

Comment Allez Vous You Too...


Oooppsss... apparently, it was Look Like A Bull, Act Like A Bear Time and I got it all wrong.

It got really, really ugly today and it left me wondering how much uglier it can get:

-3.21% on the SBA
-1.77% on the Roth IRA

I tried to sell some shares of C and realised I should have done it ages ago. Now, the only excitement I'm going to have over the next few days is a possible chance at profiting with CENX. I actually had a dream about CENX going through the roof and being able to get out at $12.35 after trying unsuccessfully to adjust my sell to $15. I hope this dream comes true. I wouldn't mind being able to sell at $12.35.

The earnings announcement from His Imperial Highness, Harry Winston, is only on 1 September 2010. I always get the date wrong with HWD, but with all the talk about deflation circulating the grapevine, I'm happy I decided to keep Harry in my portfolio. In a deflationary environment, hard assets are apparently supposed to be in high demand. Laugh all you want, but I think stuff like expensive handbags, diamonds (but only the huge ones), and especially art will be able to retain their value in case deflation actually happens. My only question is if this will include gold or not? Gold has been bought up due to inflation fears, but do deflation fears hold too? I do hope Bernanke gets ousted before we get to find out. I am going to start a Bernanke Hate Group if the EUR/USD loses any more value...

We hit The Sky Is Falling Down Levels on some JPY pairs and Franc is so muscular, which definitely makes me very, very scared.

Getting back to the market, I shall now focus on looking at the major miners. If the miners stabilise, then the rest of the market will stabilise.

I doubt the stabilisation will include me though. Let's see how CENX reacts tomorrow...



No comments: