Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Truly, Madly Creepy: The Financial Hypocrisy Continues...


It's Look Like A Bear, Act Like A Bull Time and here are some indications amidst the financial fog:

1. Some news coming out about Spain's debt being much less costly than anticipated...
2. BHP becoming bitter about the Potash bid with some crazy price strategy...
3. GM being the ultimate financial hypocrite by filing for an IPO...
4. Sultan BCS estimating that Basel III will give US banks a boost, requiring much less capital than previously thought...

I'm not in any forex trades and actually haven't been for a while. However, since I'm so rose-coloured with equities, I'm keeping my powder dry on the forex front in case anything out-of-the-ordinary happens. With just one major move down on any of the overbought currency pairs, one can basically recover a lot of one's portfolio during a downturn. So, I'm trying not to be so bigoted here. There could be a lot of potential for some S&R fun again and this time I want to be a winning participant, not a spectator.

+1.21% on the SBA
+0.40% on the Roth IRA

I'm going to use my entry strategy to filter out some stocks that I should perhaps sell. My Sounding Like A Broken iPod Strategy so far has been to look for stocks that are trading with P/S and P/B values of below 1. So once these stocks start trading a lot more above 1, then it could be the time to exit if the overall market is sounding really fraidy. I'm going to practice with CENX, which is my first in a series of 21st century ORTTs.

So far, I'm still waiting for some more alpha with CENX.



No comments: