Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh, My Sultan... But You're Too Manly for BandAids, Aren't You?


Why can't Bernanke just keep his lips sealed? I got back from my Holiday and there's unfortunately nothing to celebrate here. Plus, I've got a bit of a sun burn since there were no cute cabana boys anywhere. So I think we got so close to breaking 10,000 on the Nikkei and so close to 10,700 on DJIA as well. FTSE went above 5400 and Shanghai has managed to stay above 2600 for some days. But it seems two critical markets - DJIA and Nikkei - haven't been in any mood to party. So the Real Bwahahas are in fact the Effing Bears and they're like... we're going to see you back on the Waterford Way down!

Sultan BCS got totally battered along with the GOLs and I ended up divorcing some shares of C at about +7% profit today. Honestly, everything looks very bid to me with huge bid sizes, but I thought... if I'm plucking wrong, I would have contained some of the damage here. I got out at $3.90 and now I'm waiting to buy BAC at not $12.99... not even $10.99... at only $9.98. Yes, I am! It's either BAC at $9.98 or BCS at a very top secret TBC price.

I almost broke up with Harry too, but don't forget 26 August is the next HWD earnings announcement. I don't mind waiting for my dearly beloved Harry. We go way back, so this love-hate on-off 21st century open relationship is going on until I find a cuter investment. But who can be more handsome and muscular than our Dr Harry Alpha Winston? And we've had so much toe-curling too.

It's more fun on the way up, but I feel a lot better after filing the papers for an amicable separation with CitiFrog on the grounds of irreconcilable differences.

Speaking of irreconcilable differences... I've had another Oprah / Jerry Springer incident with my quote unquote family. OK... it was more Oprah than JS initially, but now it's getting seriously JS. I won't get into the full details, but I have decided once and for all that my family has got to grow up financially. I got called high and mighty and was accused of being Miss Straight A's not wanting to see a certain family member succeed. I'll admit I was Straight A's all through high school, but certainly not university. And the second part? Even I wouldn't resort to that level of evil. In fact, I do consider myself more the Columbia University Reject / Brown University Wait Listed sort of student. Very embarrassing, actually.

Anyway, the bandaids are not out yet, but very, very close.

-3.27% on the SBA
-4.42% on the Roth IRA

Oh, that's very painful indeed. Dr Harry, I think I may need a straight up capital injection quite soon.

Stay tuned... I've got some new trading ideas courtesy of my first-rate jet lag...


No comments: