Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Broken Record Bears Said "Go to Sell"...


... and my portfolio suffered with disgrace:

-3.25% on the SBA
-1.87% on the Roth IRA


I'm still waiting patiently for my Extended Hours Trading sell on CENX to be triggered and am getting nearer and nearer to being filled on some potentially highly rewarding forex trades. I initially had a buy order on EUR/JPY placed at 105, but decided to move even lower when all these excuses from the past started resurfacing. This almost got hit - almost being the keyword. And I'm not going to tell anyone where I'm going to buy, but I'm looking to buy some JPY pairs and I'm going to make a play with Franc too.

No one gets remembered for having almost attended Brown University. We've either got to be the worst or the best. This year, I was the worst for having been the Woman Who Tried to Ride the GOL With An Account the Size of A Bike. I started out with big dreams and a small account and I was certain I would end the year with bigger dreams and a bigger account. Unfortunately... with less than four months of trading to go, I'm not sure if this is going to happen. But I'm going to keep trying.

Until oil touches $70 and I know for certain what's going on, I'm going to try the following:

1. Sell CENX during Extended Hours Trading (broken record... broke... en... rec...ord - OK, that's just so annoying that even I must admit it)
2. Try to sell a partial position of C on a bounce and then try to get into NGG... I'm then going to date both C and NGG by selling one and getting into the other - back and forth and to and fro. This could get hot. One's like the guy who likes experimentation and the other's sort of like the accountant type.
3. Watch out for 1 September 2010. It'll either be completely electrifying with Harry or a devastating brush with death. Which will it be?
4. Place some crazy bids on some crazy currency pairs. If oil doesn't hold, then I'm going to join in with the bears and release some best-selling broken records by belting out some Loonie Tunes. People are selling equities and moving into bonds as if, God forbid, Barclays filed for bankruptcy. Nothing's actually happened. Expectations are the only thing that have fallen flat. Since fear and optimism are the main drivers of the forex market, I am now waiting for the inconceivable levels to occur before making a move.

The bond buyers are going to get booed off the stage! Bonds are going to be like the next real estate bubble. When you think about it, it's almost as difficult to get out of a bond as it is to get out of property. One is essentially exchanging a lot of cash for the illusion of a future of steady cash flow. I learned this the hard way with my early JBQ trades (remember ABK?). This does not look good and maybe the best place to be is with His Majesty the King - Actual Cash.

But, I rant! Hmm... The weirdest thing since my sister disowned me is... the only thing that makes me happy is listening to Ghostbusters. I've changed the lyrics somewhat:

If your pips are small
And you risked it all
Who ya gonna call?
Forex Broker!

...Born in the USA...

... if you don't know me right now...

... be your teenage dream tonight...


No comments: