Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Trading Ego Cost Me...

... and I must now admit it. Oh, how I miss my BFF forex broker too!

I parted with the Crown Prince at $3.68 on another partial position at a minor, laughable profit. It was a moment of "I'll take what I can get," - very little financial dignity there. We're getting back to levels from EOY 2009 with C and if there's going to be a reversal, it's got to start happening soon. I saved a good part of my position so the door's slightly open, but slightly closed now. We might decide to give it one more try before the end of the year. The JPY crosses seem to be holding. I reckon currency traders must be the most intelligent traders ever - the good ones at least. And the bad ones? LOL. We get eatten for lunch by the GOL and the Real Men of New York. Unfortunately, I'm not one of the good ones - yet.

My whole portfolio of equity royalty got hit today - HWD, C, BCS, CENX, BAC. The Imperial Highness, the Crown Prince, the Sultan, etc. all got some major market bullying.

I refuse to give up though. I noticed some puzzling activity going on with CENX in Extended Hours Trading. We've got some charged-up bid sizes and I even saw a five figure bid size. So, I checked the options chains and the precarious situation from several days back looks much more balanced today. I'm waiting for the two-way winking to start happening on the $11 level and for prices to now start heading a bit higher. Could it start heading to $9 first? It might, but it's possible we might not get there. There's much bigger open interest at the $10 level now, so hopefully we're ready to go all the way with CENX. Who knows? Maybe I will be able to see my dream of selling at $12.35 finally get fulfilled.

The Extended Hours trade on CENX is still on. If I can sell within the next few days, I'll take that too. I've put my sell at a price that is much better than what I can get during normal trading hours.

I'll battle on with some of the cash I've freed up, but right about now, it looks much more compelling to complete the rest of my PDO. I've now got a credit score of 902 (go, go ForexDiva!). I went from 755 to 902 in about two years. I have another four figures of debt to go. By the time I'm done, I'll be officially five figures liquid net worth - equivalent to saving about four figures a year for twelve years. My balance sheet will be much, much smaller, but that's the trend, isn't it? And I'm determined to expand it.

Oh, but I had such high hopes for myself this year. I was hoping to be six figures at the minimum, so I'm really very disappointed.

Plus, now that my sister disowned me, I walk around feeling like everyone knows and that I've done something terrible. What about how she swindled, ahem, Madoffed, I mean borrowed five figures from me? So that's being a good family member - better than one who walks around with a bona fide Hermes Kelly and refuses to pay six figures for her brother's tuition, which he didn't even have the courage to lift a finger to apply for one scholarship for.

The thing to remember about bullying is that once any weakness is evident, people pounce on you like you're prey. And we want to be the huntress, don't we? Even if it's just the kind that ends up shooting themselves in the foot...

I'm done complaining about my family legacy and hopefully once my PDO is over, I could get on to the real fun of PPT - premeditated profit taking, every day, all day.

-1.8% on the SBA
-0.95% on the Roth IRA
Minus the trading ego...


No comments: