Monday, August 16, 2010

Help... ForexDiva's Lost!


Skip my JNSB if you want... I do talk about trading towards the end.

So after throwing my family under the bus (in case anyone was wondering, my sister's 28 and my brother's 22 and in my book, if you're old enough and fiscally irresponsible enough to buy bottles at clubs, you're old enough to stand up financially), I had the decency to run off to the beach on Sunday even though the weather was horrendous and I had to travel more than three hours round-trip. I got up before 8:30 am, which by my standards, is very early. It was a dreary, windy Belgian day, but in the end, I was lucky it didn't rain and catching a glimpse of the beautiful alligator Hermes Kelly Wallet in Bleu Roy was well worth it. My heart stopped and I went into a financial panic at the thought of never being able to possess this extraordinary work of art priced at a shocking 6800 EUR. It was in one word: amazing, but I thank the Lord looking at it is free.

It was my first time at Knokke, a beach town which has been referred to by many as the Monte Carlo of Belgium; but to me, it seemed more like a very snobby, overpriced town resembling a forest with houses nestled in between tiny streets. The weather probably had a lot to do with this perspective, so I'll try to go back on a sunnier day. Apologies to the true Belgians. Here's what I liked about it. First, shops were open on a Sunday. Secondly, as I was walking down Kustlaan, I noticed the Arne Quinze Gallery, which I found very, very interesting. He reminds me a bit of Jackson Pollock in 3D. I visited Marie Siska, which is apparently home to some of Belgium's finest waffles. I had the wafels met aardbei en slagroom (waffles with strawberries and cream). I think they're actually better with just plain butter, but Belgian strawberries are possibly the best in the world. This was the first time I'd ever had a Belgian waffle in Belgium in all my nine years here. Talk about delayed gratification.

At the Sonia Rykiel boutique, all I could think of was how this cute little bag would totally be beloved by my sister. And every time I saw something with the word family, I got all bitter and teary.

Anyway, after walking around the more residential area, I was so afraid I'd get lost in the woods and no one would be able to find me. I swear there were more trees than people in Knokke. I was dying to try out the Michelin-rated Bartholomeus, but I decided to head back early after finally making my way out of the woods. No fun in the sun, unfortunately. At least I've got an excuse to go back since I haven't yet seen it all.

Today, I attended a Brian Dolan webinar and finally understood what's going on with the double standard in the USD. And something big could be headed the JPY's way. Apparently, the USD strength throughout the crisis had to do with strong demand for Treasury's, which are the ultimate safe-haven asset. People also wanted to get out of the EUR so badly that a USD long play is like an easy ride. It got my creativity going. We live in a capitalist, globalised economy and we don't do free rides! So if so many people are long USD, some of them will have to be plucked eventually. It's only a question of when. And isn't China one of the biggest fans of Treasury's?

In the meantime, I spent some time looking for $5 and under targets in the US stock market. And by this, I mean looking for stocks that are trading anywhere from $6 to $10 and then mentally unbuttoning their levels all the way down to about $5. When the WM finally happens, you jump. Is that heartless or what? Yes, but can you imagine the trading fun when they go back up to test previous resistance levels?

I'm still waiting to exhale with CENX and my portfolio was very uneventful indeed:

+0.13% on the SBA
+0.08% on the Roth IRA

I'm working on a potentially rewarding trade in a stock market that could potentially benefit heavily from further growth in China. It seems everyone's in agreement that the RMB only has one way to go and being the Awful, Bigoted Woman that I am, I'm not into directly investing in China or buying RMB. However... an economy that could benefit from further growth in China? I've got no issues with that.

Obviously, I'm not going to give anyone a free ride by letting you know what market in particular I'm looking at. Mentally unravel the mystery yourself!


No comments: