Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Want To Be The Sultan's Favourite...


... but unfortunately, it just didn't happen today - not even with the involvement of the new Love of My Portfolio, CENX, who stood up for our right to rally with a +6.05% secret handshake type move - closing the day nearly at its daily high.

We're inching closer and closer to options expiry on 21 August 2010 and the next few days should get very, very interesting - hopefully upside interesting. Notice that volume on many stocks is much higher than usual as well, so maybe I'm onto something with the options expiry play.

Crown Prince C did not cooperate, which is the main reason my portfolio has been losing steam. I put myself out there and was totally thinking C would get to $5. In fact, many stocks that I'm following in the financial sector seemed to end the day in the red today even in spite of the seemingly rose-coloured outlook occurring with the broader market. S&P closed the day +1.22%... FTSE +1.41%... but some miners (BHP, BP) headed south even as brent crude managed a +1.67% move higher. Perhaps the individual stocks got hit with some negative news.

I was reading some article about the Hindenberg Omen yesterday and I'm not sure what to make of it, actually. If it's so accurate, it should have predicted the global financial crisis, no?

But something seems out of place. The troops won't go on fighting if the general has surrendered. And in this case, the general is... Geithner, Bernanke, and our other FWFOCH. So if they say the stop light's red, the party's over and no one moves... and some people might accidentally shoot themselves in the foot.

+1.00% on the SBA
+0.53% on the Roth IRA

Why am I not happy? Because clearly, the Sultan's visiting the other stocks in the market more and they're getting a bigger share of the skyhigh pie.


No comments: