Monday, March 29, 2010

That's What Trends Are For...


Just when I thought I had to change my theme song to Lascia Ch'io Pianga forever, the muscular Guys of London put the wind back into the sails of the GBP/USD long trendship with benefits trade. I am on the verge of recovering all my losses on this trade, being less than -20 pips down, and if it manages to stay above 1.50, I'm going to possibly hold onto it for longer. Tomorrow is the Big Scream It From the Rooftops event of UK GDP and it's really, really quiet right now. The market's hardly moving...

I have to ask myself what I would have done if this little red dress of a bullish divergence didn't work out today. Would I still be so calm and collected? Well, relatively speaking anyway. I'm always the type who appears frazzled and dazzled. One time, I was skipping along on the streets of Belgium and two women remarked that I looked like I was dancing. What? Can't a woman be happy for once? I just bought some macarons or something. That was then. This is now. I'm so serious all of a sudden and PDO and my portfolio are all I ever think about.

Oh, I don't want to be a One-Hit Wonder. I haven't had a good trendship with benefits in some while. The only open investment giving me any sort of plaisir lately was C, which is now retracing on the news of the Treasury sale. Nonetheless, this has the potential of being a Wake the Neighbours type trade for me if I hold onto it long enough. The profits are already very mesmerising, although I suspect my portfolio's going to close the day negative.

I've really sort of run out of inspiration though. I'm thinking about taking profit on HWD since I'm experiencing a shortfall in cash. I was expecting a bigger tax refund and will be getting only about half of what I anticipated. How much do I hate the IRS now? On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, 1000. This will put my PDO off by a month, which means that I'll only gain my financial freedom after I turn one and thirty. Although I'll still have my Hermes Kelly as scheduled, I wanted to have a debt-free birthday, so if it means parting with my beloved Harry, I might have to ROTBA.

Do my analogies even make sense anymore?

At least my financial life is still on track - relatively speaking.

Since April is around the corner and more earnings announcements are expected for some of the stocks in my portfolio, I'm not going to be engaging in any high risk activity such as rebalancing my portfolio. I will have to be patient and keep my trading legs closed. Such a difficult thing for a nymphomaniac to do!

Lascia ch'io pianga
Mia cruda sorte
E che sospiri la libertà!

OMG... this song is so fitting, isn't it...



No comments: