Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Week, Another Peak?

Here I was, hoping for another upwards push in my portfolio before I go to Switzerland next week. Yay... think tall European men in dark suits and all those amazing watches and all that fabulous chocolate! Swiss chocolate is much better than Belgian chocolate, but then absolutely so are the men, even though the TETSOB people would disagree... But the best men on earth are probably the Guys of London. They are the Guys of London and they're all alpha and they run stops! Good thing I got out of the way last week with my GBP/USD trade.

But I digress. Back to earth now... today, I was disappointed with:

-1.13% on the standard brokerage
-0.96% on the Roth IRA


Bernanke's getting on his soapbox on 16 March and that should end the "extended period" of range-bound action we've been seeing. Nikkei has pushed above 10,700 and I've been noticing that DJIA and Nikkei have basically been moving in very close alignment recently. Well, ever since I started paying attention to the 10,000 Maniacs anyway.

Call options are still looking strong on C, BAC, and MS. So I'm not too depressed. I'm still ticked off about missing out on that big move up on LEHMQ, but I reckon we'll see some more upwards action before restructuring. If it gets to even $0.5, I'll be OHD enough.

Daylight Savings Time is throwing off my trading schedule since in Europe, we're not on DST yet. I have to do some more tedious work for the IRS before going to CHF Land.

I'm thinking of getting in on a GBP/USD trade before FOMC, but am I ready for something like this yet, or should I keep my TETSOB in check and trading legs crossed?

It's a difficult choice, especially when I know there'll be lots of action right up until Bernanke's Big Moment. I think I'll take a cue from the Guys of London during my lunchtime fun session tomorrow before I make a choice.


No comments: