Monday, March 1, 2010

I Kissed A Frog & I Liked It...


I hate the way my portfolio has been performing lately. I think it's slowing down relative to the rest of the market, so I'm adding some more high beta stuff to it. Out with the BNHNA and on with the LEHMQ... I contradicted myself again. So what's new?

Some time back, I got on my high horse and said I would never touch common stock of a bankrupt company - not even with an eighteen foot pole - or was it a twenty eight foot pole?

Anyway, I sold BNHNA at about a 14% loss and got into LEHMQ. I think there will be more speculation with LEHMQ over the short term, which could cause the stock to move really fast. Whilst it is really difficult to determine the exact value of LEHMQ, it hit $0.73 back in December 2009, which indicates that there is demand out there for this stock. This is a position I want to hold for at least several months.

Additionally, I got out of BX and jumped into more C. There are a ton of call options from the $3-6 range, which shows me the short-sellers from before are now in a protective brace position. It's hard to tell how fast the stock will move. It could turn out to be like AMD though. I'm sure C will be a very heroic FTP one day, but only if I don't implement some old-fashioned self-sabotage along the way.


No comments: