Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Red Carpet Treatment


Lately, regardless of the performanace of my portfolio, I haven't been any happier. Sure, there were moments of bliss, but it seems it just isn't enough even when my portfolio has rebounded tremendously.

So, I started asking myself why wasn't I happy? And it turns out it has something to do with the red carpet treatment.

On deeper reflection, I found myself having rolled out the red carpet to be treated like a doormat in many aspects of my life. Where was my passion? Was I being true to myself?

And in one moment of clarity, it became clear to me. I was listening to everyone but myself, which is self-limiting to the extreme. My portfolio hasn't suffered that much, but I'm exhausted from all the Wake the Neighbours type trading.

So, I'm going to have to take some time off and really think about where I want my portfolio to go.

Who knows how long I can keep my trading legs closed? I could be back in the confessional booth much too soon. In the meantime, I'll no doubt enjoy some more toe-curling two hour massages.

Happy, Shiny forex trading to everyone!



No comments: