Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How Fast Can One Run Stops?


If you're the Guys of London, then faster than I can ask: May I ride your trend?

I took profit on my long GBP/USD position at +97.40 pips during my Lunchtime Fun with the Guys of London session. I was hoping this would become a trendship with benefits. But then, I started noticing that an intermediate top could be forming and since there's no significant data due out until US ISM Manufacturing on 1 April 2010, I thought I better take profit. It turns out it was a good move since I hadn't noticed there was going to be the US Consumer Confidence announcement. This had the potential to reduce my profit, but in this case, it didn't do much. I missed out on an additional 20 pip run up or something. I also managed to pluck myself by getting out of one lot yesterday, thinking I'll offset some risk. No point crying over spilt milk.

I am still looking to buy on a pullback on GBP/USD. The dynamics have changed. UK GDP and Nationwide HPI both were much better than expected. Bernanke keeps whispering "extended period." Sayonara, Dollar Bulls! Bwahaha Halloween Type Evil Laugh...

The next Moment of Fun will be Non-Farm Pay Day this Friday. I am pondering whether I should trade it?

If Harry Winston does some more alpha male moves, I'll be in Financial Heaven...



No comments: