Friday, March 12, 2010

In the Confessional Booth with ForexDiva, Volume 120310


I totally plucked myself with a few trades this week. All of a sudden, I became a forex nymphomaniac as well and the results are not stellar, but slightly encouraging.

But let's start with the worst trades first.

This morning, after seeing the news on Lehman's "accounting gimmick," I decided to place a sell order during my lunchtime fun session. I thought, why not do the crazy price thing and see if it works. Initially, I thought... why not arbitrariririly do it at $0.35? Then, I got even greedierer and changed it to $0.55. Well, it hit $0.3 today in case anyone else was paying attention and retraced all the way down to $0.11 at the moment. This is clearly a case when greed is not good!

Overall, my portfolio is so red I'm going to probably spend a good part of the weekend coming to terms with this.

-2.42% on the standard brokerage account
-3.28% on the Roth IRA

Since I feel so guilty about keeping secrets, I'll provide some additional clues on my new forex trading strategy. It involves trading two correlated pairs. I'll call it the Menage A Trois for simplicity's sake. What? It involves three currencies. If you want it to get even steamier, then trade two high volatility pairs and two lower volatility pairs all at once for instant trade appeal. I can only trade one correlation at a time since my account is so small. But so far, I've traded it twice this week and I was net about 38 pips. Since it took me some time to figure out, you'll need to do your own homework on this. If a bimbo can discover it, anyone else can.

If it wasn't for some stupid mistakes I made, as in getting too greedy and botching up the execution, this would have netted me at least 90 pips today and about 150 pips more the other day. I am not pleased!

I need to improve my trade execution. And moreover, I need to remember that a watched pot never boils as well as keep my inner fraidy cat in check.

I'm going to do some more smokin' hot trades next week... I can feel it!

Have a good weekend, Happy Shiny Forex Traders!


No comments: