Monday, August 3, 2009

My New Schoolgirl Crush: Tim Morge

So taking the schoolgirl crush analogy a bit further, Tim Morge is totally schoolgirl crush material. I spent most of yesterday attending his workshop at the Las Vegas Forex & Option Trading Expo. Almost every minute sent my heart soaring because I'm admittedly nerdy in that way. And when someone with 38 years of trading experience walks in the room, you have to listen even if you're a diva in every other way.

Aside from his technical and money management style, what I really found very interesting was his consistency and his insistence on not chasing prices if your intended entry level no longer meets your initial risk:reward target. I've noticed this with the really serious traders. Brian Dolan definitely also has this quality. Simply put, it's about having your standards and basically adhering to those standards. Don't be afraid to do it.

It is now the second day in a row that I've had to get up at about 5:30 am Las Vegas time and I'm a total zombie, but attending the Tim Morge workshop was such a good decision. I really feel a lot more inspired and I even feel like I can tone down the bimbo factor of my trading with a bit of conscientious effort.

I am however going to skip the live trading event of the Expo, which is not hosted by Tim Morge anyway, and opt for a really good and leisurely breakfast instead. How serious am I about trading, right? But that part of the event doesn't seem worth my time, especially since Tim Morge had us looking at charts all day yesterday.

I suggest that anyone who hasn't heard of Tim Morge to check out his articles and videos on MoneyShow.com. He is definitely someone to learn from aside from Brian Dolan.

No comments: