Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Book I Couldn't Keep My Eyes Off This Weekend...

A Colossal Failure of Common Sense: The Inside Story of the Collapse of Lehman Brothers by Lawrence G. McDonald...

I suppose this is also the book that everyone's reading. I'm glad I bought it - against all common sense. Although I'm only halfway through the book, I've learned so much from it already. It's just so fascinating and I have to say that so much of this has to do with the author's charming style.

When I think about it, the collapse of Lehman Brothers still hurts. How can just one department bring the whole company down? Apparently, there was the whole Paulson-Fuld blowup, but risk management within the company played a large role as well.

I'm also looking forward to the release of Last Man Standing: The Ascent of Jamie Dimon and JPMorgan Chase, but one book at a time. (Fine, I admit it. I've been known to read more than one book at once.)

Anyway, this book is fascinating to say the least.

No comments: