Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm Finally Free of AIG...

I got stopped out with a profit. I set a trailing stop with an upper trigger price yesterday and was surprised to see that I got out at a pretty good price all things considered.

I almost got out at the daily top, yielding me about +15%. But since I only had 15 shares, I won't be writing home about it, although I will blog about it. And it was even higher yesterday, so it wasn't a perfect trade by any stretch. I hope I did the right thing though. After I let go of a partial position in C earlier on, I missed out on almost an additional $1 price move.

Could C actually get any higher? It hasn't made a new high today.

Anyway, it seems the trailing stop is very useful indeed. Especially if it can get you out of AIG at a profit. If you're choosing between a trailing stop or a limit price to get out of a trade, I would want to perfect the art of the trailing stop.

So what's up with the Fannie and Freddie madness? Don't fight the Fed?


On an even happier note, I am so proud of BAC and NYX...

I just have to find a way to get rid of ABK, which was about +5.74% twenty minutes back... Why is it even going up with all its debt? I've been long since last November, but I really find this to be a case of it pays to be lucky rather than brilliant analysis - not that I'm breakeven yet, but if the market continues the way it's been going, it's certainly possible in the near future, isn't it?

No comments: