Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Magic?

Whilst travelling through LHR, I found two jewellery pieces that others had left behind - one whilst passing through security and one whilst at the BA Lounge.

One was a silver bracelet with semi-precious stones and one was a single diamond stud earring that was probably worth about $800 - $1200.

I returned both to Lost & Found, although for a brief moment, I considered actually keeping the diamond stud. But then, I thought, what if it was a gift from someone and it meant more to that lady than the $800 - $1200? You can't buy a memory back. It was the right thing to do and I believe in karma... but unfortunately, no one claimed it and it's still at Lost & Found. Nonetheless, I know I would have been so guilt-ridden if I had kept it. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

But finding two jewellery pieces in one day - this is just so coincidental.

Towards the beginning of the year, I nearly lost my Tiffany Charm Bracelet, but someone found it and returned it to me. So I know how it feels to find something you thought you'd lost - it's magical. And it really made me realise that what's yours is yours.

I know it's a sign and there's a lesson to be learned, but I'm still trying to figure out what that is.

No comments: