Thursday, November 10, 2011

Three Doves, But Not A Lot of Love...


I suppose the FOMC member speeches weren't very important today as it didn't cause a lot of upside to my portfolio. However, I was able to take profit on LDK, which I'm quite happy about. I really wanted to target $3.93, but a tiny voice told me not to be greedy, so I did a quick exit on that one and am looking to play a retracement.

I also had a chance to sell HERO at breakeven, but didn't do so - especially as oil continues to break new highs. Today, oil closed above the 50% daily Fib level once again, so will there be more upside?

I've got several other trades in the SBA oven, including BAC, CENX, EATR, HERO, IDGG, LYG, MFGLQ, and TGB.

I'll have to do more research as I'm not entirely happy with the direction my portfolio has been taking the past week.

I'm eyeing HWD as a potential buying opportunity as it's been listless lately. Oh, my dear Harry... is it because you didn't see me in my Halloween costume?

+0.34% SBA
-1.45% Roth IRA (yes, this portfolio is as good as done and I'll just let it be for the moment since I'm focused on recovery in the SBA)

+0.96% DJIA
+0.13% Nasdaq
+0.86% S&P

-0.28% FTSE
-0.27% Eurofirst

-9.26% VIX


UK PPI and UoM Consumer Sentiment tomorrow...



No comments: