Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Lagging the Market


Big time! And I'm not happy about that...

Notice I sold AA and IO today and got into CENX and HERO, which means I jumped from aluminium to aluminium and oil shovel seller to oil shovel seller. If it's a sector issue, I didn't do my portfolio any justice by taking small losses like that. And it seems I didn't need to run away from IO so soon as it closed the day near its high.

I really had very little patience today. I'm going out for a walk in hope that I'll get a fresh perspective on what the forex I'm doing wrong here...

+0.01% SBA
-2.33% Roth IRA (scandal at NMR... why do I always get hit with the scandals - this one causing a -12.02% dent?)

+0.84% DJIA
+1.20% Nasdaq
+1.17% S&P

+1.03% FTSE
+0.94% Eurofirst

+1.49% WTI Crude

-7.60% VIX


Good news is that Nasdaq closed ahead of both DJIA and S&P with oil closing well above its 50% daily Fib - usually a signal of more upside waiting to happen the following day...

P.S. I managed to dodge another financial bullet as JRCC retraced -8.67% today after posting a surprise loss on rising costs...


No comments: