Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm Glad I Didn't Stick to My Plan Today...


Or I would have missed out on some spontaneous profits with JRCC...

JRCC, CENX, and oil all closed above their 50% daily Fib levels. I jumped into CENX right before the market closed and also got into PDC before the closing bell.

We've got two sides of one coin here, with CENX seeming to have a more bullish inclination whilst PDC appears a bit weaker, having closed near its daily low. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to take profit on CENX tomorrow and perhaps PDC on 3 November 2011 as it announces its earnings that day.

Though it was fun to take profit on JRCC, I was shocked to notice that my paper losses today were a few times more than the profits I banked - and though I've made a tonne of progress, recovery is still a long way away.

-1.13% SBA
-5.09% Roth IRA (this is sad - and BAC just got downgraded!)

-2.48% DJIA
-2.89% Nasdaq
-2.79% S&P

-2.21% FTSE
-3.44% Eurofirst

+16.92% VIX



No comments: