Thursday, November 3, 2011

Some Guy At E*Trade Thought He Was The Most Important Man in the World...


... and gave me a call. It did not go well, but the conversation convinced me that E*Trade was the one who made a mistake.

So just to be on the safe side, I'm going to wait for all the cash to settle in my account before selling anything. I received an email the previous time this happened indicating that E*Trade has a right to close out my account if I violate any of their Regulation T "interpretive guidance."

If they do that, my losing BAC position won't ever have a day of redemption! This is why I refuse to trade on margin. Once you trade on margin, E*Trade has a right to do whatever they want. Even now they try to impose margin requirements on my cash account. It makes me question whether I wish to continue trading with them.

I've got an appointment with the Most Important Man of the Day - my dentist - so you might get some rest from my JNSB today, HSFTs! Have better luck than me as I'm lagging the market today...



No comments: