Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sold HWD...


... at $15.11, then decided... wait, maybe I shouldn't have done that and bought back a smaller position amounting to 1/3 of the original investment at $15.25. Now, I am waiting for it to potentially retrace and will decide at the 52 week 50% Fibonacci retracement level of around $13.92 whether I want to buy more or wait for an even better price. If we're going to see 2009 levels once again, it's better to be cash heavy rather than live a woeful trading fantasy. One look at the 5-year S&P chart, with its scary looking potential triple top formation, and you'll know what I mean.

As it is, I'm about 82% cash, but since I love buying tops, if a turning point should happen, then tomorrow should be a good indicator and I want to at least be able to ride something if Q4 turns out to be bullish.

Due to an appointment later today, I may not be able to blah in the afternoon, but will be back tomorrow for Non Farm Payeeee Day! You'll have to wait till then for my report card...



No comments: