Thursday, August 11, 2011

Now That's What I Call A Short Squeeze...


As luck would have it, my Extended Hours trading attempt from yesterday yielded zero results, enabling my portfolio to benefit from CENX's $60 million share buyback announcement today. Since I've missed out on my fair share of share buybacks by letting go of AMZN, TIF, and BHP right after they announced their share buyback initiatives, I'm vowing to keep CENX until its share price at least doubles from its 52WH. Am I going to buy some dips? Maybe... sort of... especially if 9FM fills my wallet again this year.

Still, BCS outperformed CENX by about 1% today, but as far as long term outlook goes, either one would have been fine, really.

At one point, I was up a little over +8% today on the SBA - all thanks to STO and CENX. MS boosted the Roth IRA and even BAC rebounded slightly. Professor Paulson, I share your BAC pain, but we're going to get through this...

Closed the day firmly in the green:

+7.09% SBA
+4.91% Roth IRA
burned 752 calories via 8.93 miles in 35 minutes too (yoo oooh)

+3.95% DJIA
+4.69% Nasdaq
+4.63% S&P



No comments: